Monday, January 17, 2011

Homemade Thank You Cards


So, our first craft is creating homemade thank you cards for the great Christmas gifts we received (yes, very belatedly, but it is the thought that counts, right?)  My daughter loves to send things she has created as a thank you - and her long distance Aunt and Grandma love to receive them.  Win - win! 

Here are the things that you might use for this project: 


I have a big package of assorted color card stock that I got at our local Fred Meyers which I keep on hand for Thank You notes.  It was under $10 and is great for other projects as well.  If you don't have this, you could just use regular construction paper. 

We used markers, crayons, colored pencils and glitter glue to make our cards. I put the supplies out and my daughter picked what she wanted to use.  

One side note.  When using glitter glue I squeeze it from the tube onto a paper plate and then let my daughter use a sponge or paint brush to spread it on her pictures.  If she squeezes it directly from the tube we end up with huge globs of glue that never dry or soaks through the paper.  The paint brust allows for much easier application - and seems to make a little less mess.  (BONUS!)

There are so many options of things that you could use!  Water colors, finger paints, even a glue stick and pictures cut out of a magazine would all work. 

Here is what our final product look like:  



Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment